Sunday, October 2, 2011

CHOOSE

Last week, a group of students left our school cook a note that read "Your food sucks...".  Yesterday, our school entered a float in the town's homecoming parade.  I rode on the float with about 20 - 30 students.  During the parade the students fought with each other and people on other floats. Although, I know I teach in a christian school it is hard for me to remember that no matter where we are; we always have a choose.  I wrote this following blog in the bank line and shared it during morning devotional with my class.  After I read it we had a great discussion about CHOOSE.

I will choose to follow Romans 12:2.  I may live in this world that God created but I will not participate and engage in the sin that the devil tempts us with.  I know that God is in control.  It isn't easy being a christian but I choose to follow Him as my Savior.  I do not want to be like the world; I want to be like Jesus.  I want to choose to find the right words to say and actions to show.  I want to choose to find the right thing to do.  I want to look at the world through Jesus' eyes and not my own.  (Student name), I am proud of you for not wanting to look at ghost and goblins because honestly we should all be that way.  We should want to avoid the devil and his ways at all cost.  Things that are meant to scare us are not from the Lord.  Today, I challenge you not to hear these words but to take them to heart.  I challenge you to strain the curses of this world from God's blessings.  My prayer is that you will choose to not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth.  Just because we go to a christian school doesn't mean we are different than anyone else in the way that we still have to choose to be different when we want a relationship, not a religion but a relationship with God.


We are blessed here in America.  We are given so many things but honestly sometimes those things cause us to be ungrateful and lose sight of what God wants us to do with our blessings.  Everyday there are people around you that love you and want you to not only succeed by learning a lot and doing well when you are an adult but most importantly want you to follow a life that that honors your Creator and follows the Truth.  We can talk about God's way here at school, you can hear it at church and at home but again it comes back to a CHOSE.  Will you follow what the world or God? Every minute? Every second?  Will you choose to be different?  When you have a thought like it's fun to scare someone or bully them; are you making a choose to follow God or the world?  Which one do you want to follow?  Every single day, every single moment, you have to make a decision.  The devil is trying to make you fail and lead you down the wrong dark path.  BUT you have God to choose and He will help you stay on His lighted right path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment